Monday 20 February 2012

In which I finish my first fox


I finished the cunning mate fox last week – the one I’ve done in silk shading.  And here he is!  I didn’t use the black thread in the end – I appliquéd black cotton onto my background for the eyes and nose, and sewed little French knots onto the black of the eyes to make them more lively.

I like how much the silk shading looks like fur.  The delineations between the colours are quite marked, so I did a few stab stitches in alternative colours either side of the lines.  The dark stab stitches on the light silk shading works ok, but it’s not so good the other way round.

Anyhoo, I’m pretty pleased with this little chap.  The work is neat, I’m happy with the colours, and most importantly, I’ve learned to do silk shading!

1 comment:

  1. This is completely amazing. It looks like machine embroidery! I need to learn to do this. I only just mastered French knots.

    ReplyDelete