Monday 13 February 2012

In which I order silver thread.

I’ve nearly finished the silk shading on my cunning mate fox – I’ve done the body and the tail, and I’ve just got the head to do.  So I turned my attention to the materials I’ll need for the silver work on the front fox.

Back in the autumn I went to the Knitting and Stitching Show in Harrogate, and I took part in a session on introduction to goldwork.  It was held by Sarah from Golden Hinde.  We used Jap thread, ophir and special twist thread, and used Ultrafyne thread for the couching.  So, I’ve gone back to Golden Hinde and ordered some special twist and Jap thread in silver, and Ultrafyne in white for the couching.

Here’s the little star I produced at the goldwork seminar at the Knitting and Stitching Show – as you can see my skills are pretty primitive.  Will have to learn on the job for the silver fox!

No comments:

Post a Comment