Monday 1 October 2012

In which I assess my aims

Back in January, I made five crafty resolutions for the year.  It's now October - where is 2012 going?  So I thought I'd check in and see how I'm doing.

  1. Finish the OCA Textiles 1 course.  Woo!  I've done this!  I got a mark in the 2:2 area.  I'm a perfectionist, so I was a bit unhappy with this.  But reading over their course materials, the OCA say they're pretty strict with their marking and a 2:2 is ok.  Ok then. 
  2. Start (and do most of) the OCA Printmaking 1 course.  I have started this, and am 2/5ths of the way through.  Loving it.
  3. Tidy and organise my studio into a pleasant working space. Aaaargh!  I painted the walls white, but that's about it.  I need to clean it, make shelves for the recycling bins to sit on, and properly sort out all my crafty supplies.  The table in the studio is well wonky - the top got bent in the great washing machine deluge/sauna of the new year, and it's pretty impossible to work on.  Need to shell out many moolahs at Ikea to buy a new table top.
  4. Blog more.  Well, I started the year well, but it's tailed off a bit.  Keep on blogging, kid.
  5. Draw more! This has been a success!  I am keeping 2 sketchbooks and enjoying drawing.  Need to do a bit more, but have at least cracked my fear of drawing!  Here is a drawing of some fawns I did last night.
I also said back in Jan that I want to get a bike and do more exercise.  I have not done this and am still as fat as butter.  Yum!

2 comments:

  1. YES! Keep on blogging, kid indeed! I love reading what you've been up to :) Those fawns are very cute I don't draw as much as I should- you've inspired me to get the sketch book out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks sewphie! Will do :)

    ReplyDelete