Tuesday, 9 October 2012

In which I print Alice

This weekend I cracked on with my Alice print.  As I said in my last post, I wanted to do this on two bits of lino as I didn't think the blues and the fawn colours would work well together.

So, I started off with the blues, then added the fawns.  Light blue first, then I cut away on that lino to print the dark.  Same process with the fawn lino sheet.

Then, I cut up my two bits of lino and stuck them together to make a Franken-lino.  My thinking was, this would reduce the amount of empty lino that might get a smudge from the roller.

And it worked pretty well!  Here is the finished Alice.

If I were to do this again, I'd make the black lines around Alice's face and arms thinner, and leave the grassy area blue rather than fawn.  I started out with 20 copies of the pale blue and got 11 finished prints at the end of the process.  Not bad, I only need 2 for my course.

No comments:

Post a Comment